Wednesday, January 27, 2010

All About The Weather


Week before last everything was frozen. Solid.
Last week it was near 60 degrees and flooding.


Today it’s snowing.
Welcome to Tennessee.
I’m still learning how to survive out here. Learning how to
judge how much rain will flood me in; how much wood
it takes to keep the cabin warm in varying temperatures.
I ran out of wood. The wood man is finished for the season.
Green wood is useless…I’ve borrowed from my neighbor,
twice. Today I went to another neighbor for more…
Hopefully, I have enough to make it through ‘till next week.
Still, I have to find another reputable wood person. Someone
that will bring me seasoned wood. Single digits are forecast
for next week. I’ve filled all my water jugs because the feed
from the cistern will surely freeze; and the water heater is still
on the fritz.

The cat caught a mouse. He and the dog took turns playing
with it. The dog thinks he is a cat, I’m pretty sure. I don’t
know what I’d do with out them. They keep me company.
They make me laugh; and at night when I settle in, they all
snug up together beside me.

This is a slow time for catering so I haven’t had any work.
With no cash coming in, I was beginning to obsess, beginning
freak. As usual though, just as the outlook is dire, something
comes in…all will be well.

The landscape changes daily here in my paradise. There is
a constant source of wonder and amazement and just as I
begin to wonder what the hell I was thinking moving out
here, I remember….

2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful shots! When I get back and I get my Jeep, I can load up that wood I have in my shed and bring it to you. It's not much, but they're still selling wood around Nashville along the roadsides in Bellevue. I bet I could pick some up from them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that sounds like a lot of trouble...I'll find more wood. I have a plan. heh.
    The Jeep,however; will certainly need a road trip! Plus, maybe I'll finally give you your xmas present. Pitiful, I know....

    ReplyDelete